Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Last Sunday, my family attended our Sunday service at the DUMC church, Section 13, Petaling Jaya.
The sermon for the week was centred on the importance of human life, which made us so excited to share with you. Its importance was well entrenched in the Scriptures as follows:-
1. Life comes from God and belongs to God (Genesis 2:7).
Here, you may able to see the rationale why many countries are moving away from death penalty for serious crimes. This move has been advocated by the International Human Rights Association and the voice has been well accepted worldwide. Their arguments is in line with Scripture.
Second issue is involved with greater sensitivity on the status of abortion. Here, it is very much dependent on the circumstances. If it is life threatening to the mother, then the case may be treated differently. Similarly treatment should be also extended to rape victims. Their choice of keeping the baby is dependent on the mother's will. They can choose to give the baby up for adoption after the delivery.
2. Human beings are made in the image of God. (Genesis 1:26,27)
God appointed human beings to be the trustee for all other creations on earth. As such, human beings is God's treasure.
3. In our body is the precious life-blood which God puts in us. (Genesis 9:5,6)
One thing is certain that no matter how advance is our technology, we cannot produce anything identical to the nature. For instance synthetic rubber is not as hard as the natural rubber. Worst still, scientists cannot produce blood and that is why all hospitals frequently ask the donors to step forward to donate blood whenever the blood bank runs low, despite we have entered into 21 century.
4. We do not have the ability to reproduce human lives that are eternal.
We cannot produce blood through our own invention, nor can we reproduce human beings in the laboratory. We are very certain that we cannot do this in the future as well.
5. Inherent in every human being is the potential to change the world for good.
This is something very great that the Mighty God has given to all human beings: the ability to cope with changes for good. This attribution is solely contributed by God to human beings with the following features:-
1. Rationality - this enable us to use this to the maximum for the good of human beings through our brain - the great gift from God.
2. Morality - God calls the shot and not anyone of us. In this connection, He gave us His Word. Everything and anything should be looked upon from His perspective.
3. Creativity - Inherited from Him so that we can use our creativity to cope with the changes and for our good.
4. Eternity - no matter what, our hearts always long for Him.
5. Personal - so that human can build relationship with God directly. We will step forward to be His witnesses from generations to generations so as to glorify Him, and not us.
Hope the above discussion has given you an insight of the importance of human lives. We also pray to Him that He will reveal to us should we have any different interpretation. We pray in His wonderful name. Amen.
Your Chief Servant,
Founder and Group CEO
Skype me at james.oh18