Saturday 8 February 2014

BETTER THAN THE BEST REVIEWED BY GRACE TAN




REVIEW ON JAMES OH’S “BETTER THAN THE BEST”

Like a good anthropologist, James Oh picked up and used them to nourish and nurture the readers a great deal about the needs, wants, concerns, fears, doubts and problems that most people share. Whether you are the novice, newbie, newcomer, later-comer or old-timer to the social arena,  communion, career path or character building, there is so much to be learned here.

I enjoy and relish those inspiring and inspiriting sayings, excerpts, quips and quotes, especially those exalted and enhanced by James’ elucidation using his own personal experiences, encounters, episodes and anecdotes.  I would say that most of these magnificent and stupendous quotes and teaching are not seen for the first time by many of us, but being a common human flaw, we tend to forget either to learn and internalize them by heart, or fail to put into practice ritually.

Hence, to me, this Book, not only being a fabulous reminder, is also  a great tool for me to cross refer and make reference to, whenever I wish to find and utilize the relevant materials, as this Book has conveniently and expediently collected and assembled much valuable resources into a single booklet.

I would definitely keep a look out for other publishing authored by James Oh and in the meantime, I will ardently recommend this remarkable Collection of Wisdom to my friends. 


Grace Tan
22 January 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment